Sport Technical Coordinator
The Sport Technical Coordinator is key to the successful delivery of Speed Skating BC’s programs. Reporting to the Executive Director, and as a member of a small and dynamic team that works remotely, the Sport Technical Coordinator will pay special attention to ensuring
programs are delivered at the highest quality. Programs include both grassroots and performance speed skating programming, provincial events and coordination of training programs for Officials and Coaches. This position is the first point of contact for registration
- Events Coordination – working with local event coordinators to ensure delivery of provincial
meets, other events such as training and meetings for our skaters, coaches and officials.
- Program Coordination – ensure all the details for the programs are in place prior to the start of
the program including ensuring participants have all the information they need and registration
is complete. Following up at the completion of a program to ensure there is proper follow up
from any events.
- Team Coordination – working with the Provincial Coach Coordinator to ensure all skaters are
appropriately registered and have the support they need for a successful performance.
Committee Coordination – working with the Executive Director and volunteer committees,
provide support to the committees to ensure they have the tools necessary to meet their
- Member Registration – working with partners at the National Level and local level troubleshoot
and providing support for the membership registration system in BC. This will include providing
some training to local clubs and setting up events in the system.
- Post secondary training in Sport Administration or Event Coordination combined with
previous experience in a events or program coordinator role.
- Knowledge of Speed Skating would be an asset but is not essential.
Incredible attention to detail.
- Enjoy working remotely with a great team.
- Love putting together a great spreadsheet, Gantt chart or to-do list.Experience with registration systems and/or databases.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress and GSuite would be fantastic.
- Know the importance of recognition of volunteers.
- You will require a computer and good internet connection
About our Team:
- Our team works remotely and we meet virtually
- There may be some travel required to events
- We expect that you can manage your own schedule and are able to embrace
entrepreneurial ownership of your projects. Hours are flexible with the exception of team
- As you are working with volunteers, there can be evening and weekend meetings.
- This is an 9 month contract position from December to August 2024
- Expectation is 25 hours per week
- Salary Range for this position is $2500 – $3000 per month
- Allowance provided for internet usage.
Please submit your application to Valerie Linton by Monday November 27, 2023: email@example.com